Introducing My Solitary Selfhood

                A kid raised close to nature, that’s me. Jamila Shane Dela Cruz is my name. I was born on the 28th of February year 2004, in the city of Vigan. Although, I grew up in the countryside; in the fields, giving me the advantage of having a wide space for playing. Unlike kids these days, I enjoyed my childhood being active under the sun and having fun playing with friends from time to time. But unfortunately, people naturally grow apart.

                Currently, I’m on my last year in Junior High School. The past few years of being in high school have been a roller coaster ride. I could say that I am doing well with my academics, but most of the time I mostly find sports and arts as my cup of tea. I find comfort doing various activities such as sports and expressing myself through art. Despite of these skills that I have, I struggle with socializing, speaking and starting a conversation with people. Lacking of confidence, that’s my greatest issue. Mostly quiet and distant and commonly misunderstood of being snobbish is my weakness. I find it hard letting myself out of the box. But of course, I do know that I couldn’t stay this way for my entire existence. Having said that, I am working on improving myself day by day, one step at a time.

                Finding my own happiness is my priority as of the moment. And yes, of course planning my future is also one of my concerns. I am thinking of taking pre-law, attending law school and have a proficiency to serve and help anyone in need in the future and that I wanted to pay back and thank my parents for raising me and my brother, as humble and independent children.

                For now, I’m going to enjoy my remaining years of being a teenager, finding my own purpose and letting the calm of solitude indulge me.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing some pages of your life. I've truly known you more and better. I could truly relate to your weaknesses, especially in lacking of confidence. But as time passes by, I know and believe that you will overcome these. Regarding in your plans for the future, as you said, you were really raised well and I can see your outlook in life. As your friend, I will always support you, tacitly beside you. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are seatmates at first, that's when I started knowing you. Then I can say we became friends after sharing laughter and happiness together. Your blog made me know you more. I am so lucky I met you Shane!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts